- !As if the 2010s never happened
E. J. writes: I’m sure I’m not the first to send you this beauty. Actually, E. J., you’re the only one who sent me this! It’s a news article, “Can the fear of death instantly make you a better athlete?”, reporting on a psychology experime…
- 2 hours ago 19 Sep 17, 1:10pm -
- Maybe this paper is a parody, maybe it’s a semibluff
Peter DeScioli writes: I was wondering if you saw this paper about people reading Harry Potter and then disliking Trump, attached. It seems to fit the shark attack genre. In this case, the issue seems to be judging causation from multiple regression…
- 1 day ago 18 Sep 17, 1:17pm -
- Where does the discussion go?
- 2 days ago 17 Sep 17, 1:26pm -
- Extended StanCon 2018 Deadline!
(this post is by Betancourt) We received an ensemble of exciting submissions for StanCon2018, but some of our colleagues requested a little bit of extra time to put the finishing touches on their submissions. Being the generous organizers that we…
- 3 days ago 17 Sep 17, 2:35am -
- Type M errors in the wild—really the wild!
Jeremy Fox points me to this article, “Underappreciated problems of low replication in ecological field studies,” by Nathan Lemoine, Ava Hoffman, Andrew Felton, Lauren Baur, Francis Chaves, Jesse Gray, Qiang Yu, and Melinda Smith, who write: The…
- 3 days ago 16 Sep 17, 1:11pm -